Researchers and developers that need a platform that is open and very suitable for further development:
- Autonomous or remotely operated
- Convenient for experimentation/operation, one-man portable
- Highly manoeuvrable - omnidirectional motion capability (moves in all directions)
- Software development friendly - onboard software is based on Robot Operating system (ROS) architecture
- Offers broad spectrum of development options – from low-level to advanced high- decisional-level
- Easy integration of variety of payload: communication and localisation, remote sensing, in-situ sensors
OMNI-X vehicle with custom defined sensing, communication and positioning payload. Vehicle could be prepared for different development interest (e.g. access to low-level actuator control), for motion control development or with already integrated advanced features such as path following or dynamic positioning for e.g. optimal area coverage.
Optional: shoreside base station provides extends range of wireless link operator-vehicle and provides GPS RTK functionality (serves as portable RTK base).